If you’d like to line the truck bed of your pickup truck, many options are available to you. You can simply buy a tonneau cover and install it; such models come in a variety of materials and may be rigid, or on the other hand supple enough to fold easily. Other models give you the possibility of rolling them onto your truck, allowing you to cover up any hanging space. However, one other possible option—which will be the subject of this article—is the DIY spray-in bed liner. We’re going to review how they work, explain some characteristics you’ll need to look out for when buying one, and examine some possible models that you can purchase.
Reviews of the Best DIY Spray In Bedliners
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Top 7 Best DIY Spray In Bedliner Reviews
We understand that the selection of the best spray in bedliner can be a challenging task as there are so many products available in the market. We have done the homework for you to make your life easier. We tested and reviewed different types of spray-in bed liners and have compiled a list of our best recommendation. We have rated and recommended following spray-in bedliners.
- Made of black urethane
- Excellent price
- Protection from rust and temperature
- Sold with a 726 gun, hardener, and 4 base bottles
A free 726 gun is included in the package
A free 726 gun is included with this kit, which makes applying it much easier and more convenient than it would be otherwise. This way, both spraying and re-spraying is easy, multiple times over. This is also notable in that most companies won’t provide you with a free 726 gun when they sell you their DIY spray-in liners.
Durable protection at all times of the year
One great thing about this liner is that it will protect your truck bed from any kind of damage that might come to it, whether that’s rust, extreme temperatures—both hot and cold—corrosion, or anything else. For that reason, it’s durable and strong, well-suited to whatever adventures you envision having while in your pickup truck; it’s even waterproof, as well as protected from UV rays. Also, the liner will last for a good long among time, ensuring that you won’t have to spend extra money purchasing lots of extra bottles.
Easy to use
You won’t have any trouble when it’s time to set this liner up on your truck: it’s easy to spray, thanks to in large part to the user-friendly instructions: fill up the container, shake it for proper mixing, attach it to the gun, and start painting the liner of your pickup.You won’t even need to use any hardener to make the process more efficient. You will also get a lot of coverage out of one container, which contains one litre.
- The coating is strong and durable
- Precise application
- A complete kit
- Highly resistant
Protect your truck bed against all the elements
Everything sold with this liner will help you protect your truck as much as possible. To begin with, it is durable and strong and will last you for a nice long amount of time before you need to spray more liner to maintain it. But more than that, it’s sold in a complete package that includes everything you’ll need: 2 rollers, a gallon of protective coating (which is easy to mix), an abrasive pad. The application brush is included as well; this has been designed to provide you with a smooth, precise spray, ideal for applying the liner in tight spots that are otherwise hard to access.
This liner will resist against all kinds of damage, whether that’s from rust, corrosion, scratching, or high temperatures. Of particular note is its resistance to chemical materials, such as solvents, oils, gasoline, and others. This is particularly helpful given that pickups can accumulate all kinds of residue during their travels.
Intuitive and user-friendly
Also, this model of the liner is also quite user-friendly, in that it provides you with a skid-resistant layer that’s also resistant to chipping, flaking and peeling. Using it is as simple as prepping your truck, picking up the container, and spraying the liner directly onto your truck. Also, once it’s been applied, it gives your truck a nice, shiny finish.
- Two-part urethane coating for ultimate strength
- Applied to all thicknesses and types of truck
- Intuitive and user-friendly
- highly versatile: multiple applications
A strong finish for any pickup
This liner will ensure that—no matter what kind of truck you have, or what its texture is like—you’ll get a strong, durable finish when you use this product. More specifically, the liner has a blended polyurethane coating, made up of three components, which ensures maximum strength. And on top of that, many customization possibilities are available, with the result that you can apply it to any texture, type, thickness, or colour of the truck. It will always look—and function—great.
Another great aspect of this liner specifically is that it’s versatile. Not only is it user-friendly and intuitive, but it can also withstand the worst temperatures of any region, whether they’re very hot or very cold. It can also withstand difficult weather conditions—such as hail, heavy snow, or rain—and thus protect your truck to the best of its ability.
A green choice of DIY liner
This model of DIY liner offers increased square footage of application, which means that you will save money when you use it. You won’t need to waste any wax, either, since it’s not one of those products where a wax coat is necessary after the regular coat. And, of course, its durability ensures that you can get more coverage out with one container because it will last you for a longer amount of time.
Very strong, very resistant protection
This liner will protect your truck from all manner of things. For example, it will protect against stains, abrasion, UV rays, rust, and corrosion. It will also protect the highest, lowest, and most extreme temperatures, whether it’s scorching hot or frigid cold outside, so you don’t need to worry about when you’d like to schedule your adventures in your pickup with your cargo in tow. You can simply go on adventures at any time of year. You also don’t need to worry about your things—or your ears—getting damaged by sounds as your pickup rolls over heavy obstructions, because the liner will protect your things from loud noises thanks to its deadening qualities.
Intuitive and easy to use
Painting with this model is a quick and easy affair; you can get it done quickly simply by following the manufacturer’s instructions. In the words of the manufacturers themselves: “simply fill, shake and shoot!” Easy is that—as easy as pie or cake. Not to mention, it will dry quickly, ensuring that you have more time to spend on other, equally important tasks and that you won’t need to worry that the drying is taking too long of a time.
A complete package
Everything you’ll need to work with this liner is already included in the package. In addition to the liner itself, there is an application spray gun, bottles of tintable bed liner base (each measure 750 mL), and a full litre of hardener.
Strong and tough for every environment
This truck liner is strong and durable enough to ensure that your pickup will remain protected in every kind of environment. Naturally, as you might imagine, it’s strong, tough and durable on its own, when the weather is good outside. But when the weather is harsh outside—in times of heavy rain, very strong sunlight, or intense snowfalls—you’re still protected by the tough protection that this liner offers. It will easily protect your truck from all UV rays, and it’s also resistant to scratches and stains. It will even deaden sounds and vibrations, which will ensure that your rides in your truck will be much more comfortable.
Will last for years
Because of the strength and durability offered by this liner, you can expect your coating to last for years. You can even expect it not to get faded or discoloured at all, thanks to the protection offered by its UV-resistant qualities. It’s also resistant to rust, so your truck will receive an additional layer of protection from the process of oxidization, even as the years go by. Because of all these reasons, your truck will be safely protected from all the normal dangers that affect most pickup trucks.
All of this is complemented by its inexpensive price, which will ensure that it’s accessible for most owners of pickup trucks.
- Resistant to scratches and stains
- Absorbs vibrations
- Package includes everything you’ll need
- Will not fade from the sunlight
Everything you’ll need is included in the kit
This liner is sold in a kit that includes everything you need to get a good layer of liner up and going. In addition to the liner itself (which is sold in a container of 6 litres), a free spray and gun are also included. In addition, you’ll find 2 hardeners. The spray itself is tintable, with the result that you can use it with any colour of pickup truck. And on the topic of colour, you won’t need to worry about the colour fading, either: the UV-resistant design of this model ensures that it is protected against losing its colour on account of the sunlight.
Resistant to everything
It goes without saying that this liner can protect your truck against anything that the elements have to throw at it, whether that’s harsh blizzards, heavy rainfalls, or scorchingly high heat. But more than that, it’s also resistant to rust, scratches and stains, with the result that the aesthetics of your truck bed—as well as the things inside it—will be protected when you have this liner in place on your truck. Your cargo will even be protected from sounds and vibrations; the liner will deaden them and help reduce their strength, ensuring you a more comfortable experience when you’re riding in the truck.
- User-friendly and intuitive: shake and spray
- Protected from corrosion, damp, salt, rust
- Flexible and waterproof
- Resists stains and abrasions
Package includes multiple items
Obviously, this package includes a liner, which is sold in 8 plastic quart-sized bottles. There is also SMR-222 activator, which is sold in an amount of 2 quarts. When mixed, these result together in two gallons to spray onto your truck bed. You’ll even receive a mixing cup—this will be used to measure the activator—and a spray gun.
High resistant against all the elements
This liner will help protect your truck bed against all the elements, whether that’s the sun (it’s very resistant to UV rays), high temperatures both hot and cold, rain, snow, hail, frost, and anything else in between. It will also protect your truck against corrosion, rust, moisture, and dampness. Together, all of this creates the result that the liner is strong and durable, and will protect your cargo from the worst of the elements that you’ll encounter during your pickup-truck adventures. The formula of the liner has even been treated in such a way that it can withstand as much in terms of atmospheric conditions as can one layer of high-quality urethane.
Another great thing about this liner is that it will look great on your truck. It offers a nice, matte-looking, black finish, which will look good on trucks of any colour; after all, black, as they say, goes good with everything, and that holds as true in the automotive industry as it does in the fashion industry.
Spray In Bedliners Buyer’s Guide
How Do Spray-In Truck Bedliners work?
DIY spray-in liners work like this: you simply spray on your liner. Other than the spraying, the only things you need to do are wash your truck beforehand, sand the truck, mask off areas you want free of the liner, give it time to dry, and then add more spray as time goes on so as to maintain the liner. Such liners are usually made out of materials like polyurethane. They won’t create a huge, annoying mess that you’ll need to clean up, and will look great as soon as they’ve dried up. They’re also more convenient, in that you can simply buy the liner and do it yourself; you don’t need to take your car to the shop to add the liner to your truck bed. The spraying and drying only take one afternoon—doing it is a simple task that anyone can do—and it will create a solid, durable coat that will last a nice long time.
Things To Consider When Buying Spray-In Truck Bed Liner Kit
If you’re looking to buy a spray-in truck bed liner kit, there are many things that you’ll need to keep in mind. After all, it’s important that you make the best possible decision because you don’t want to spend any more time or money than is necessary—or, worse yet, buy a liner and then have no choice to buy a new one back the first one was of bad quality. In other words, you’ll have to make the proper decision before you reach for your wallet. Luckily, we’re here to help you, by suggesting several factors that you’ll need to take into account before you buy a DIY spray-in truck bed. Some of these factors include the durability and strength of the liner, the purpose of the liner, and the reputation of the company.
- Company reputation: When buying a liner, it’s very important that you go ahead with a good brand and not some random producer of knockoffs that masquerades itself as being an important brand. To that end, first note the names of some of the most important brands: Herculiner, Liner Xtreeme, and U-POL, among others. If the brand of a model you’re interested doesn’t seem to be well-known, research the company. How long have they been in the business? What kinds of other products do they make? Do reviewers generally seem satisfied with the products? If so, do the reviews look legit? As terrible as it might sound, many companies—who produce all kinds of products—will pay people to write five-star reviews for them, even if the products themselves aren’t worth considering.
- The purpose of the liner: If you’re looking at spray-in liner models, you’ll want to consider what their purpose should be before you make any big decisions. Most liners, of course, are meant to protect the inside of your truck bed, so that it will have some additional form of protection against the elements, whether that’s moisture, high heat, cold, snow, or anything else. But additionally, many liners will also feature anti-skid elements so that your stuff is protected from any jolting and sharp turns that may affect your truck while you’re driving at higher speeds. These work well in conjunction with a rigid tonneau cover, which will close the “box” protecting your stuff. However, make sure that the liner you buy won’t create stickiness or leave residue behind on your stuff.
- Durability and strength: Naturally, the stronger a given model of the liner is, the more it will protect your stuff from whatever the world might throw at it. But more than that, a strong, durable liner will also last for a longer amount of time, going up to years in the future, in many cases. It’s true that you will have touched them up as time goes on, even if they are durable and strong, but they will protect your things more effectively then softer, weaker liners.
- Warranties: Different models of liners will have different warranties, with many models having no warranty at all. If you can, purchase on with a good warranty; that way, should any problems arise, you’ll have a delay in which you can get the problem fixed and receive a refund.
- Environmental friendliness: Finally, the environmental footprint of any liner will have an effect on whether or not you should buy it. It’s true that DIY spray-in liners are made out of the same kinds of materials, but some companies will obtain these materials in more sustainable ways that cause less harm to the planet. Moreover, durability is also an important factor, as we said earlier: a model that lasts longer will prevent you from needing to buy many liners in the same span of time, which in consequence is better for Mother Earth.
At the end of the day, if you’re looking for a new product to use as your spray-in pickup truck bed liner, you’ll want to consider the models (and companies) that we’ve mentioned in this article. They have been developed by companies with excellent reputations, and are high-quality products in their own rights. Even if you don’t choose one of them, they can still help point you in the right direction in terms of the characteristics you’d like your bed liner to have before you buy it. With all that being said, we’re going to leave you with these parting words: good luck during your search! We know that, by doing a little bit of homework, you’ll find the model of DIY bed liner that’s best for you.